Summer in Saugeen Shores is beautiful. Sunny skies, hot temperatures and so many activities. Of course, the beach is biggest draw of them all. If you’re a seasonal camper, like myself, you’ll probably end up neglecting your home all summer. We’re busy people, we want to be outside and enjoying the sunshine and BBQ’s and friends. I always find it’s best to be prepared for the short summer months. Follow my tips to get you and your home ready for summer:
- Clean. I know I’m not going to be home for most of the summer, so I like to give my house a really good cleaning. I think it’s called Spring cleaning, but I prefer: summer ready cleaning!
- Summer Clothes. Get your summer clothes ready. I generally rotate my summer and winter clothes every year. I also make sure my beach towels and swimsuits are washed and ready to wear.
- Guests. Be prepared for those unexpected guests that always drop in during the summer. Have cold drinks, extra snacks and hamburgers and hot dogs ready.
- Clean Eavestrough. It won’t be sunny every day, so make sure your eavestrough are cleaned and ready to handle the summer rain storms.
- BBQ Ready. Give the ole BBQ a good cleaning and make sure you have enough fuel.
- Patio Furniture. Bring out the patio furniture and clean.
- Open Pool.
- Clean your Vehicles. Ok, maybe this one isn’t about your home, but starting off the summer with a clean car inside and out is definitely a good thing! Bonus tip, I always keep a beach towel and flip flops in my car for when I stop at the beach just because.
There are always things to do in the summer and it can get a little busy. Do the prep work now so you can relax and enjoy the short summer!